Welcome to The Rotary Club of Fountain Hills
The Rotary Club members share a commitment to make Fountain Hills, as well as Arizona and the world, better places for us all to live and thrive. Rotarians enjoy working on projects that enhance our communities. We are a local organization that shares our open doors to Rotarians all across the world; and our fellow Rotarians will show us the same warm welcome.
Enjoy this site and all there is to know about Rotary. If you would like to learn more about the Club and possible membership, please contact us.
Club Meeting Information
NOTE: Our meeting schedule has changed! We now only have a lunch meeting with a featured speaker twice per month on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays. Our service projects will be on the 1st Tuesday (whenever possible) and the monthly social will be on the 3rd Tuesday. Check out our full calendar for more details.
Welcome New Members
Social time with Rotary Friends!
What it's like being a club member!
Our club made a trip to Chapala, Mexico, to get to know our sister club! Thank you John Gonzolas and your fellow members for the generous gifts of your time and friendship!
Sure ... we enjoy dining together! Our lunch meetings provide an opportunity to get to know one another. The lunches give us time to share our interests and begin planning future projects and events.
Our winter fund-raiser will is in full swing soon! We sell wreaths, mini-trees and center pieces for Christmas gift giving. These gifts are delivered directly to your recipient's front door. They are perfect as a hostess gift, holiday greeting for family and friends as well as business associates. You can learn more by clicking here.
Rotary was ahead of it's time. Back in 1905 a small group of businessmen gathered and formed a networking group. This group was all about building their businesses. They would rotate the meeting location from one business establishment to another ... hence the club became known as the Rotary Club. Click here to read more ...
Rotary Club members still support the businesses of other Rotarians, but that is a small part of the total organizational focus today. Rotarians are proud of our international slogan "Service Above Self". World-wide Rotarians come together to help ... click here to read more
Rotary International’s Areas of Focus
Rotary members believe that we have a shared responsibility to take action on our world’s most persistent issues. Our 2.1 million members who belong to 35,000+ clubs work together to do good worldwide. We direct our efforts in six areas to enhance our local and global impact. Our most successful and sustainable projects and activities tend to fall within the following areas:
- Promoting peace
- Fighting disease
- Providing clean water
- Saving mothers and children
- Supporting education
- Growing local economies
Rotary Club of Fountain Hills’ Focus
- Our members are one area of focus. Our weekly meetings provide comradarie and purpose for our Super Senior members.
- Club members teach Junior Achievement Classes at Fountain Hills Schools as well as to the Home School Children
- Club members clean the streets to help keep Fountain Hills beautiful
- Club members volunteer to work with children and horses at the Reigning Grace facility in the Rio Verde Foothills
- Club members organized the Hermosillo, Mexico, Micro-Credt program which funds start-up businesses thereby allow families to create a better life
- Club members have been organizers and coordinators for the three-day Rotary Youth Leadership Academy held annually for local teens to learn life and leadership skills
Click here to read more ...
Links to Rotary International information
As a world-wide organization, there are many moving parts within Rotary. Here are a few links to the Rotary International site and a some subjects which you may find helpful. Once again, if you have any questions, CONTACT US!
PROJECTS RECEIVING FINANCIAL SUPPORT FROM ROTARY CLUB OF FOUNTAIN HILLS
Our Club has the pleasure of raising funds and helping within organizations that benefit local residents. You will find our members and money at work within:
- Stitchers of Hope
- Extended Hands Food Bank
- Reigning Grace Ranch
- Boys and Girls Club - McKee Branch
- Junior Achievement
- Bobs' Free Bikes
- Fountain Hills High School Scholarships
- Fountain Hills High School Band Equipment
- Fountain Hills Mentoring Program
- Home School Interact Club
- Rotary Youth Leadership Academy (RYLA)
- Rotaract Club of Grand Canyon University
- International Exchange Students
- Over the years there have been too many to name.